In this position you make a reliable estimate of the costs of developing new products in a high-tech environment. You use software to determine the optimal costs of parts and modules. The whole process starts with the quote request and the ensuing challenge to make a reliable estimate of the cost of a module that is feasible, but also within the expectations of the customer.
With your expertise in the field of manufacturing processes, you advise the Design Engineers during the design phase. You collect information from the purchasing department and from our Manufacturing and Assembly experts and during the "proto to release for volume" phase, you closely monitor the costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide the Lead Engineer with input prior to the proto-phase by analyzing the request, defining the uncertainties, opportunities and risks;
* Determine the cost price strategy together with the Account Manager;
* Collect information regarding prices and costs internally;
* Make an estimate of the costs in a short time (+/- x%) and calculate the exact costs at a later stage;
* Monitor cost prices (trends) of regular parts/modules to support production;
* Identify opportunities to reduce costs by evaluating and recalculating current parts and modules;
* Participate in "cost of goods" meetings with our customers, together with Sales and Project Leader(s);
* Chair weekly internal cost of goods meetings.
With your knowledge of machining and assembly, you know how a product is made or constructed. You have a good idea of the (costs of) the various operations and you are process oriented.
Furthermore you have:
* A completed HBO education in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics;
* Several years of experience with cost determination of both individual parts and modules;
* Knowledge of high level design and production processes;
* Excellent communication skills in both the (Dutch) English and German language, verbally and in writing;
* Strongly developed analytical skills, are innovative and work structured and meticulous;
* Coordinating / leadership skills are an advantage
The company you will be working for is engaged in the development and assembly of industrial systems for the semiconductor industry, the health care market and for a wide range of analytical applications. The high-quality precision mechanical parts, machine assemblies and vacuum systems are assembled in both cleanroom and non-cleanroom environments. As a service provider, this company also realizes high-quality precision components and modules for leading clients in the high-tech industry.
You will work in an informal and collegial atmosphere where every individual is important. We ensure that you quickly feel at home at this company. You will work on fascinating, challenging high-tech projects with a team of colleagues who are just as passionate about technology as you are.
We reward that passion with a good salary and excellent employment conditions (including 25 vacation days, 13 ADV days and a bonus). In the first year you will work at this company on a secondment basis. If you perform well, you can then be taken over so that you get a direct contract at this company.
Would you like more information about this vacancy? Contact us!