As a Lead Engineer Mechanics you specify and deliver together with a team of about 10 (Lead) designers and architects high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving the optimal functionality and cost effectiveness of the systems.
The most important tasks are related to the development process according to the PGP (Product Generation Process), in which the following phases are recognized:
* Feasibility phase: Study the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
* Fase Definition phase: provide a description of the system design requirements and specifications
* System design phase: generating the system design concepts and review
* Come up with well-considered choices, validated with the system requirements
* Definition of the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
* Monitor that projects remain within the agreed specifications
* Use your helicopter view and creativity to find solutions in the event of a conflict
* Detail phase: Lead a team of (lead) designers / architects of approximately 5 to 10 people
* System verification: Verification of the requirements of the design / the chosen concept
* Production release: Release of the design for production
* Contributing to the roadmaps system
* Participate in the further development of required critical mechanical competences
* Set priorities within the mechanical team and report regularly to the project leader
* Coaching and training mechanical engineers
* Give direction to the Way of Working (including using V-model, PGP process, design reviews, engineering change process)
The Lead Engineer Mechanics reports to the Group Lead Mechanics.
* An HBO or WO degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
* Minimum 5 to 10 years work experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high tech environment.
* Experience in drafting design principles, accurate positioning and dynamic behavior.
* Experience in making a planning of mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V model.
* Experience in DfX is a plus, as well as making strength calculations in the field of thermal and mechanical design.
* You have experience working with NX and Teamcenter.
* You are familiar with Matlab / simulink and / or related development tools.
What personal skills do you bring?
* You are a natural leader; you give direction to technical project teams.
* You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
* You have a helicopter view.
* You are able to communicate clearly and to be able to present the choices you have made orally.
* You are able to report in a structured manner.
* You are a natural driver; you challenge others and come up with innovative ideas.
* You are part of an internationally operating family business.
* You work with professionals in a technical high-end environment.
* You work in a dynamic and informal corporate culture.
* You work in multidisciplinary teams.
* You have the opportunity to develop yourself internationally.
* You are the director of your own career in the field of personal development and growth.