As a Product Manager at this company you develop and manage a product portfolio that meets the needs in the market and controls the necessary supporting activities to deliver the product ready for sales. You will advise on and implement the company's market strategy.
After an approved business case, you write the Program of Demands, under the guidance of the Head of Product Management. During the development process you have a close cooperation with various internal and external stakeholders. These include Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Sales and customers. Clear communication is key.
Is the development process complete? Then you will be responsible, in collaboration with Marketing, for doing everything possible to ensure that the product is well represented in the market. Think of pricing, commercial tools and product configuration. Pricing and analyses are very precise, so you work in a structured way and have strong analytical skills.
Because the work activities are very divers, you will experience a lot of variety and challenge in your work. The job requires many contacts with clients (internal and external) which makes the job very dynamic.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* You advise management on investments, operational management, and policy matters.
* Managing the product portfolio, which includes:
* Drafting product roadmaps
* Set up the Program of Demands regarding design, functionality, quality level, distribution method, service level, price, expected volume and expected lifetime of the product portfolio.
* Organize product (concept) reviews
* Advising on the market policy regarding sales price, product positioning, distribution method and service level
* Align with the regional marketing teams on launch dates and communication of new product introductions
* Planning, carrying out and checking all steps in the life cycle of products (PLM).
* You will continuously search for new opportunities in the market within the chosen company strategy
* Creating and screening ideas for new products and / or services
* Implement and coordinate market analyzes
* Monitor market developments by means of desk and field research
* Ensure optimal communication with the Legrand sales and marketing teams to determine the required product portfolio.
* Bachelor Mechanical Engineering and/ or proven relevant professional experience
* Relevant work experience in the field of Product Management is preferred
* Work experience in the data center industry is highly preferred
* Structured, analytical, and disciplined
* Good stakeholder management skills
* Pragmatic and inventive
* Mastery of modern languages, English is compulsory.
* Being involved in a fast growing and developing global industry
* Challenging projects in dynamic environment
* Excellent working environment, safety and ethic are really important for this company
* Flexible working hours
* Possibility to work from home
* This is a fulltime position
* 25 vacation days and 13 ADV days on a fulltime basis
* Market conform salary based on knowledge and experience
* An excellent pension scheme at Pensioenfonds Metaal & Techniek